Men's role in the struggle for female equality

Home Forums Dialogue Portal Dialogue Portal: Part 3 Men's role in the struggle for female equality

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Judy Chicago 2 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Judy Chicago
    Participant

A few weeks ago, I posted some comments in response to all the posts in Part 3 but for some reason, they disappeared into cyberspace so I thought I’d try again. I am wondering if people looked at the videos for this part or read the chapter “What About Men?” in “Institutional Time”, my recent book on studio art education. The reason that I am asking is that my hope for the Dialogue Portal is that it will become a place for real discourse about the issues raised and that can only happen if participants spend some time researching the suggested materials before posting their replies.

Also, in my research for the chapter on men in my book, I read a number of essays by men discussing the fact that they were made to feel unwelcome in many women’s studies classes and feminist discussion groups, something that I find very regrettable. Women study and discuss male-centered art and ideas all the time and it is my hope that it will become a normal part of academic life for men to participate in female-centered topics. I would be very interested to learn about the experiences that men are having now and how they feel about some of the questions and posts. Judy Chicago

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.