My non-response

Home Forums Dialogue Portal Dialogue Portal: Part I My non-response

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Judy Chicago 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Judy Chicago
    Participant

Karen Keifer-Boyd pointed out that I had not been posting replies recently and I thought I’d explain why. Although I do not want to sound critical, I have been quite disappointed that my invitation to engage in discourse about the state of university studio art education has not stimulated a lively debate. In fact, some of the posts seem – at least to me – overly academic and/or abstract. Or they seem to have no relationship to the reality of university studio art education as I’ve experienced it or as many young women state. Since the publication of “Institutional Time”, I’ve done several book events after which countless young women who have graduated from art or art history programs have come up to me and said that my observations exactly parallel their experiences, most of which have been dismal, discouraging or disempowering. And yet, reading many of the posts one would assume that all is well in academia. Why is that, I wonder?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.