1. Relationship between art, art history and art education programs?

Home Forums Dialogue Portal Dialogue Portal: Part I 1. Relationship between art, art history and art education programs?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  evoyvodich 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

evoyvodich
    Participant

This is an interesting questions, because to become and art educator, you need proper amounts of experience in both studio arts and art history but they are essential to the function of my educational practices. I think it would be greatly beneficial and developmental in making both BFA/MFA students and art history majors more rounded in their fields if their college were to require some cross-curricular education into the surrounding majors. I think studio artists should study teaching as a component to their work(3 credits?); there is nothing here that couldn’t help grow their creative practice and the way their work interacts with the world. Art historians should take a couple of art classes, because again, it would enrich their work (6 credits?); can you imagine how much more one would appreciate looking at and teaching about lithograph prints if you had actually made one yourself…!

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.